I am grateful to be back in South Africa after successfully completing my first year of doctoral studies at the Cleveland Institute of Music. The upcoming months will bring a range of exciting performance and competition opportunities for me, and I’d like to share some of those dates with you.
- I will be featured as part of the Expresso show on SABC 3 tomorrow morning (16 June) between 6:00 and 8:30 am
- Sunday, 26 June at 5 pm I will be performing a solo recital at the opening concert for the Nederburg Concert Series hosted in Paarl. More information:http://www.whatsonincapetown.com/post/nederburg-concert-series-megan-geoffrey-prins/
- I am excited to be serving on the faculty of the Stellenbosch International Chamber Music Festival as an apprentice. The festival runs from 1-10 July and I perform on the evenings of 2 and 6 July. In particular, I look forward to collaborating with amazing musicians for the world premiere of a work that pays homage to anti-apartheid activist, Denis Goldberg. Mr Goldberg will be narrating the performance. For more information and to view the festival’s program, please visit http://www.sicmf.co.za/programme/programme.html
- On 5 August I look forward to a solo recital for the Stilbaai Music Society
- I will perform a solo recital as part of the Endler Concert Series in Stellenbosch on 14 August. More info: http://www.endler.co.za/
I’m also in the process of arranging a fundraising concert for my studies abroad and I will take part in two competitions, one in South Africa and one in Hong Kong. In the meantime, I have kept my online fundraising campaign active. Please visit this link to view the fundraiser, which also has links to video performances: https://igg.me/at/WbKaVyo1KNw
Sending warm wishes and looking forward to seeing my South African friends in the upcoming months.
All the best
8/23/2022 06:13:08 pm
Great read thanks
Leave a Reply.